Wednesday, November 24, 2010


A Tribe Call Quest 
A Tribe Called Quest, a crew that was formed in 1985, has made me wonder where the jazz snares/beats and infused poetic melody has gone. Not even being born in that era and understanding the trial and tribulations each song narrated made me feel like people don't change but scenarios do. Growing up and just humming to the melody as a 9 year old, playing with his G.I Joe and hearing do..that..do that do do that that that is still something that lingers with me and other people, definitely one of the most intelligent artistic groups of the 1990's. Don't get me wrong the tatted, and hair whipping artists are cool, but it doesn't make you feel or think about real things after you hit pause, its just not the same. People might have forgotten the classics like Award Tour, 8 million Stories, Check The Rhime, which are for ever classics.  The group is regarded as iconic pioneers of alternative artists music, having helped to pave the way for innovative hip-hop artists. Reminiscing on the past is a great thing with historical group like these guys. Its A Swish

Award Tour 

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I've never actually heard of music from them. They seem really interesting I would totally want to listen to more of their music and get to know what other kinds of music thy produce.

    ReplyDelete